Embedded Software Engineer
Working in a very innovative laser hardware industry requires highly skilled people with flexible approach to solving challenging problems. We give you the opportunity to prove yourself in the field and help us build the best industry-grade ultrafast lasers.
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Fluence, you will be working to develop firmware for various functional electronic modules, drivers, communication protocols and control applications. You will design and implement testing procedures for stand-alone electronic modules and integration tests for whole working systems. You will have an opportunity to work on various platforms including FPGA systems and embedded Linux environments. You will be working in close cooperation with an experienced engineering team of optical mechanical and electronic specialists.
Good candidates will:
- have several years of experience in C programming,
- have experience with programming ARM processors (Atmel SAM),
- know how to work with low-level code but keep parts of the project well decoupled,
- be able to read and understand schematics of digital circuits,
- know how to interface hardware in real time,
- have knowledge of embedded operation systems (FreeRTOS),
- have worked with version control systems (git/gitLab a plus),
- write well-structured documentation in English.
Awesome candidates will also:
- program in C++ and Python,
- understand all the common bus standards (SPI, I2C, UART, CAN),
- know how to debug hardware circuits (both analogue and digital) using an oscilloscope,
- understand how a photodiode and transistor works,
- design automated behavioral test suits,
- understand and deal with IoT security,
- have strong work ethos and be able to work independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team,
- be willing to teach and be taught.
To apply for this position, please write to email@example.com including your CV and a sample of your code, so that we could have an idea about your skills. The person responsible for this recruitment is Piotr Skibiński.